Home > About Us > School History

School History

Rosyth School started in 1956. It was situated at Rosyth Road from which it derived its name. The majority of pupils then were from the neighbouring kampungs. In early 1983, the school was identified as one of the four primary schools to host the Gifted Education Programme.

At the end of that year, the school moved to Parry Avenue.

The school had seven Principals. 
1) Mr Chee Seng Kee (1956 - 1959)
2) Mrs Bertha Neo (1959 - 1978), 
3) Miss Ada Ponnappa (1978 - 1990)
4) Mr Foo Chee Meng (1990 - 1997) 
5) Mr Fong Whay Chong (1997 - 2000) 
6) Miss Elizabeth Chan Boey Koon (2001 - 2005)  
7) Mrs Celine Ng (2005 - 2015)

With effect from 15 December 2015, Mdm Elis Tan took over principalship.

In 2001, the school was relocated to Serangoon North Ave 4 to accomodate the increasing student population. There are currently almost 2030 students.